Popup Blocker (strict) is a lightweight extension to prevent websites from opening popups (whereas other popup blockers this extension does not block popups after their creation, but blocked them once they are requested). The extension pauses all sort of window opening requests for user attention. You can either accept or deny a request. Multiple unique requests are shown in an array. If a websites requests a single URL more than once, a badge number will be shown indicating the total number of requests to this particular URL.
Please note that the extension is recently renamed from "Popup Blocker (ultimate)" to "Popup Blocker (strict)"
1. Deny popup request
2. Allow popup request
3. Open popup request in a background tab
4. Redirect current page to popup URL source
Supported blocking methods:
For bug reports please go to:
For FAQs please go to:
For testing your current popup blocker effectiveness go to:
You can now translate Popup Blocker (strict) into your language; https://www.transifex.com/github-7/popup-blocker-strict/
1. If mouse is hovered over the popup notification, the counter stops counting so that user can review the popup request
2. Hovering mouse over the popup displays the requested URL in tooltip as well
3. Some internal code bug fixes are applied.
1. It is now possible to allow or deny the last action from right-clicking over the toolbar button
2. If option is checked, the popup blocker will perform the predefined action without showing the notification panel.
`. Fixes an issue: WordPress's editor is not aligning text.
1. The blocker modules is rewritten to improve compatibility
2. A new option in the options page to completely disable the notification box on defined set of hostnames
Extore is a team of professionals who are passionate about creating extensions for web browsers. This devotion also gives us opportunity to appreciate work of other people. We get inspired by useful, open source extensions made by developers all over the world. Our strong belief is that one should share helpful add-ons with others. That’s why we’d like to present you our ever-growing list of favourite extensions that have inspired us. Moreover, as you probably have already learned, sometimes struggling for the best brings an end to the good. Talking about add-ons it often turns out that an upgrade is worse then previous version. Also it can become really tricky to get back to the beloved version of your favourite extension. That’s why we’re going to make not only the latest, but all versions of our favourite (and we hope yours too) add-ons available for download. No more compromises, just stick to the version you really like!