This extension provides a text box on any HTML page so that you can write CSS freely and immediately see the results. I use it every day for quick edits, product demos and other testing out new ideas.
The extension options allow you to set a default key command to open and close the editor; turn off the warning that is shown when you close the editor; and enable or disable the automatic saving of your changes when you close the editor.
Version 1.8.0 includes the following changes:
- The ability to set a default editor size
- Warnings and error messages when trying to use the editor in places that it won't work
- Improved the CSS to make sure it isn't impacted by other page CSS
- Use the Chrome Keyboard Shortcuts instead of a custom shortcut (BREAKING CHANGE)
- Code cleanup
Version 1.7.3 is mostly a version bump for manifest 2 support. It just brings it up to support the latest versions of Chrome.
Version 1.7 includes:
- Ability to move the window left / right as well as top / bottom.
- Support for RTL pages (forces LTR on the editor)
- Support for tab spacing in the editor
- other minor bug fixes
Version 1.6 includes the following:
- You can now save styles that you create for the pages you visit. When you come back to the page, the new styles will be applied instantly.
- The editor remembers the size of the editing box on a per url basis. If you've resized it, it will be the same size the next time you open it on that url.
- Customizations are now saved per URL instead of per domain
Version 1.5 includes the following updates:
- Support for tabs in the text area
- Support for https URLs
- You can disable the warning message
- It can remember your CSS changes, even after a refresh of the page
- A keyboard command (ctrl+shift+E) can open and close the editor
- You can configure the keyboard command in the options
- The chrome icon is colorized instead of black
- Faster, smoother operation and cleaner code
- International Language Support
Please update and try it out. You can follow @livecsseditor on twitter for updates and feedback. Thanks :)
Extore is a team of professionals who are passionate about creating extensions for web browsers. This devotion also gives us opportunity to appreciate work of other people. We get inspired by useful, open source extensions made by developers all over the world. Our strong belief is that one should share helpful add-ons with others. That’s why we’d like to present you our ever-growing list of favourite extensions that have inspired us. Moreover, as you probably have already learned, sometimes struggling for the best brings an end to the good. Talking about add-ons it often turns out that an upgrade is worse then previous version. Also it can become really tricky to get back to the beloved version of your favourite extension. That’s why we’re going to make not only the latest, but all versions of our favourite (and we hope yours too) add-ons available for download. No more compromises, just stick to the version you really like!