VNC® Viewer is the only remote access app you’ll need. Why? Because…
* It’s from RealVNC®, the inventors of VNC remote access and control technology.
* We’ve 20 years’ experience making the remote control experience as good as it gets.
* There’s no limit to the number of computers you can access, nor how long you can connect in for.
* We support the widest range of platforms in the business: www.realvnc.com/products/vnc/tech-specs/#platforms
* It’s free to use whether you’re connecting locally or over the Internet (and you won’t see an advert, either).
Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews! Then check out the hidden costs of other remote access solutions…
We recommend you try this out at home or in the office first:
1) Make sure the target computer (the one you want to control) and viewing device (the one you're controlling from) are connected to the same Wi-Fi-enabled local network.
2) Install this app on the viewing device.
3) Download VNC 5 to the target computer and apply a Free license, or take a 30 day trial of our premium security and performance features.
When you’re ready to go out and about:
5) Make sure both target computer and viewing device are connected to the Internet (for example over 3G, or from a Wi-Fi hotspot).
6) Configure the target computer’s firewall to enable VNC.
7) Configure the target computer’s router to forward port 5900.
For more information on steps 6 and 7, see www.realvnc.com/products/vnc/documentation/latest/getting-connected/
===Security and privacy===
When you connect, you’re asked for credentials (this is to protect your target computers if you share or lose your viewing device). We’re often asked what these are:
* If you applied a Free license to VNC 5, enter the password you created when you installed it on the target computer
* If you applied a paid-for license (or took a trial), enter the username and password you normally use to *log on* to the target computer
We don’t want to hide anything from you, so please note that connections will only be secure (encrypted) if you applied a paid-for license to VNC 5 (or took a trial). Connections to a Free license are fast and responsive, but we hope you’ll understand that end-to-end encryption is a premium feature.
===How to control===
You can control the target computer as though you were sitting in front of it. There’s simply no limit to the applications you can run, data you can access, nor operations you can perform.
Note that if the keyboard of your viewing device doesn't have all the keys you need (for example, function keys, or the Cmd key if you're controlling a Mac), open the virtual keyboard from the toolbar. You can also trade performance for picture quality from the dropdown on the Information panel (click the [i] button on the toolbar).
We’d love to hear from you:
Better still, leave us a review!
RealVNC and VNC are trademarks of RealVNC Limited and are protected by trademark registrations and/or pending trademark applications in the European Union, United States of America and other jurisdictions. Protected by UK patents 2481870; US patent 8760366.
Extore is a team of professionals who are passionate about creating extensions for web browsers. This devotion also gives us opportunity to appreciate work of other people. We get inspired by useful, open source extensions made by developers all over the world. Our strong belief is that one should share helpful add-ons with others. That’s why we’d like to present you our ever-growing list of favourite extensions that have inspired us. Moreover, as you probably have already learned, sometimes struggling for the best brings an end to the good. Talking about add-ons it often turns out that an upgrade is worse then previous version. Also it can become really tricky to get back to the beloved version of your favourite extension. That’s why we’re going to make not only the latest, but all versions of our favourite (and we hope yours too) add-ons available for download. No more compromises, just stick to the version you really like!