Welcome to Talend API Tester - Free Edition, formerly known as Restlet Client. Talend API Tester makes it easy to invoke, discover and test HTTP and REST APIs.
Talend API Tester - Free Edition's main functions include:
1. Send requests and inspect responses
Talend API Tester - Free Edition handles all HTTP requests, no matter how complex. Requests can be made dynamic by inserting variables. Security and authentication are fully supported, as well as hypermedia and HTML forms. You can visualize, prettify and inspect HTTP responses.
2. Validate API behavior
Whether you want to check that your API is behaving as specified, or you need to confirm how well third-party APIs are responding, Talend API Tester lets you perform many sorts of API response tests. Use assertions to validate values of headers, parts of the body or response time among others. Environments variables can also be created to increase the reusability of your tests.
- Interact with REST or simple HTTP APIs through a visual and easy-to-use UI
- View and search your call history. Edit and re-send requests from history.
- Save and organize your requests into projects and services.
- Build dynamic requests with custom variables, security and authentication.
- Visualise and inspect responses of different format (JSON, XML, HTML, images...) using different views (raw, pretty, preview)
- Validate responses with assertions (status, headers, XML and JSON body, response time...)
- Easily import your Postman Collections, Swagger / OAS / OpenAPI and HAR (HTTP Archive).
Why does Talend API Tester require "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit" and "Communicate with cooperating websites" permissions?
Chrome extensions which need access to internet resources must have the resources declared in their manifest which can be a list of URLs or URL mask. For example, http://*/* allow access to any URL. Allowing access to any URL is a primary function of Talend API Tester. The URL mask with wildcards is interpreted by Chrome Web Store as Talend API Tester can read and change all your data on the websites you visit, without meaning that the app is doing something wrong.
Extore is a team of professionals who are passionate about creating extensions for web browsers. This devotion also gives us opportunity to appreciate work of other people. We get inspired by useful, open source extensions made by developers all over the world. Our strong belief is that one should share helpful add-ons with others. That’s why we’d like to present you our ever-growing list of favourite extensions that have inspired us. Moreover, as you probably have already learned, sometimes struggling for the best brings an end to the good. Talking about add-ons it often turns out that an upgrade is worse then previous version. Also it can become really tricky to get back to the beloved version of your favourite extension. That’s why we’re going to make not only the latest, but all versions of our favourite (and we hope yours too) add-ons available for download. No more compromises, just stick to the version you really like!