What is the easiest way to find out the fonts used in a webpage? Firebug and Webkit Inspector are easy enough to use for developers. However, for others, this should not be necessary. With this extension, you could inspect web fonts by just hovering on them. It is that simple and elegant.
It also detects the services used for serving the web fonts. Supports Typekit and Google Font API.
Recommended by Wired WebMonkey, Lifehacker, and SwissMiss.
Email: [email protected]
Twitter: @chengyinliu (http://twitter.com/chengyinliu)
More info: http://chengyinliu.com/whatfont.html
- A new design thanks to Siddharth Mate
- Retina toolbar icon
- Fix option page for button styles
- Use native screen capturer
- Improved sharing
- Added font services detection for FontDeck (Thanks to Mark Perkins)
- Improved font detecting algorithm
- Improved overall performance
- Added color detection for text
- Added a tweet button for instant sharing through Twitter
- Improved style reseting
- Overall restyling
- Supported light icon for dark themes
- Fixed a bug related to Typekit service detection
- Reduced loading time
- Supported HTTPS protocol
- Fixed stylesheet bug
- Restructured source code
- Supported font services detection for Typekit and Google Font API
- Fixed toolbar button bug. Second click is now "Exit WhatFont"
Extore is a team of professionals who are passionate about creating extensions for web browsers. This devotion also gives us opportunity to appreciate work of other people. We get inspired by useful, open source extensions made by developers all over the world. Our strong belief is that one should share helpful add-ons with others. That’s why we’d like to present you our ever-growing list of favourite extensions that have inspired us. Moreover, as you probably have already learned, sometimes struggling for the best brings an end to the good. Talking about add-ons it often turns out that an upgrade is worse then previous version. Also it can become really tricky to get back to the beloved version of your favourite extension. That’s why we’re going to make not only the latest, but all versions of our favourite (and we hope yours too) add-ons available for download. No more compromises, just stick to the version you really like!